Omron NX-ECC203 Ethercat coupler I/O Issue

A_J_J

Afternoon all,

So, i have an output that is being fired from 2 inputs separately. 1st input is a sensor, when something passes by it should trigger an output to be fired. 2nd input is a "test" button, when the button is pressed once, the output should fire 10 times in succession. for about 75% of the work day, this process works as intended. for 25% of the day all of the sudden the output will no longer fire. both inputs are able to be made back to the card, but the output never energizes. It does this until the power is cycled to the PLC then everything works as intended again.

Side note: The facility is still under warranty and i do not have authorization from OEM to go into the code and make changes. i am however able to get the programmer on the phone and explain the issues to him. that being said im hoping i can better direct him where to look where the problem may be. i believe is has something to do with a latching/ unlatching bit? possibly a watchdog timer having issues. honestly not sure until i can get a look at the code for myself. any help would be greatly appreciated if anyone has seem something like this before. Thanks!

EDIT: The programmer is in germany so getting him on the phone when the problem actually occurs is near impossible.