Omron - Peripheral port and HostLink?

supporter

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to communicate between an operator terminal and an Omron CPU's peripheral port (using Hostlink) or do we need to purchase a peripheral -> Serial interface?

Thanks for your help
//Supporter?

Same Type of Post

Dear All,
From last two month I am observing repeated post about Omron PLC, MMI communication, but no clear idea from any reply.
More detail discussion required from Omron PLC Programmer Guru's.
Expecting this time our all dabut will clear.
Thanks in advance.
Riyaz

supporter said:
Hi Experts,

Is it possible to communicate between an operator terminal and an Omron CPU's peripheral port (using Hostlink) or do we need to purchase a peripheral -> Serial interface?

Thanks for your help
//Supporter?
Have you visited Omron forum on MrPLC? (http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showforum=17)

In Omron NT2S Opeartor Interface range there is a model which can be directly connected to peripheral port of Omron PLC using a specific cable (I don't remember the model number right now).

For other models in NT/NS Series or third party operator interfaces like AVG, depending on model of PLC, you can use proper Interface (like CPM1-CIF01).

For some PLC models like CPM1A, CPM2A/C etc. default peripheral port protocol is Host Link but for CS1, CJ1, CP1 series the default protocol is Toolbus. But using PLC setup option you can always change the protocol to Host Link.

If you are using Omron Operator Interface then NTLink protocol is faster and better than Host Lik protocol.

SVN

I am using and NS10 operator interface and CJ1M-CPU22.
Had to purchase an XW2Z-200T-2 cable from Omron to connect NS to Peripheral port.

Works fr me.