Omron plc cj2m and raspberry pi ethernet connection

mettabix

Hey guys,
I'm new to PLC, Although I was wondering if I could establish a handshake between the CJ2M and Raspberry pi over Ethernet IP. I have searched online for solutions, most of them are considering adding Modbus FB. The issue is I cant add more FB. Is there a smart way to do this?

Regards,
Mo

Thank you lostcontrol, I actually used the link you gave and ended up with an attribute error. I'm sharing the modified code I used. let me know if u can make out the issue.
Thanks in advance.

import fins.udp
import time

fins_instance = fins.udp.UDPFinsConnection()
fins_instance.connect('192.168.137.5')
fins_instance.dest_node_add=0
fins_instance.srce_node_add=1

fins_instance.memory_area_read(fins.FinsPLCMemoryAreas().CIO_WORD,b'\x00\x64\x00')
print(mem_area)

The error :
AttributeError : 'FinsPLCMemoryAreas' object has no attribute 'CIO_WORD'