Omron plc question

whippee2

Hello all,

I got called to a machine today with a Omron Plc C200H model. there are two ABB drives which should syncronize speed as the product runs throught the machine. The drive speeds are driven by two analog outputs from the Analog input/output from the Plc. The card model is a Mad01. There lies the problem.

When I arrived, I looked at the Plc and saw that the analog card was in error. I attempted to reset, no luck. I removed the card and reinstalled, still no good. I then removed the wires from the card and powered the plc back up and still in error. I saw that both the error and the run light are on, and according to a downloaded pdf file "If both the ERROR and RUN indicators are lit, check whether the operation
mode switch on the back of the Analog I/O Unit is set correctly." the only switch I found on the back are four dip switches that were all in the normal operation placment. I attempted to download the program again and that didnt work either.

So at the end of the day, as soon as power was applied to the plc, the card went into error with the run light illuminated.

I suspect a faulty card. Does anyone else have any experience of the same situation similar? What do others think of this situation?

Thanks again
Andy

Andy:

Have you checked the Error Code at IR N+9. The Error Light could be lit simply because there is no connection to one of the Analog Input Channels. The exact address to look at will depend on what Machine Number is selected. In any case, it might help you narrow down the problem. If you don't have the manual, you can find it here.

http://www.omron247.com/marcom/pdfc...C3386256D8E00557608/$file/M11W325E1040903.pdf

Stu.....

I agree with Sthompson about the open loop detection that may be present.
But first,
1. What is the problem with the machine, the Analogue Inputs or Outputs?
2. Is there any devices connected to the inputs, if not then this rulss the IP's out straight away.
3. If there are devices connected, is there a loop present?
4. If the loop is present and you can read a value with a DMM, is there a value appearing in the PLC memory channel?
5. Is the loop present on the outputs?
6. Is there a value being written to the PLC Output channel?

Just a few things to check...