omron relays

mookie20

My question is as follows I have to install an 8-point relay at work and I am not too familiar with control work. The purpose for this relay is to prevent a pump from starting unless another component is running. I took a quick glance today and it seems I can use existing 120V to power the relay and find a set of n.o. contacts to switch on the indication light for the pump to verify it is ready to run. After that it becomes tricky for me, because I need to somehow tie into a pushbutton that starts the main component. They both have different power sources. Help Please.

8-point relay? You mean 8-pin relay, right?

Assuming I understood what you're trying to do, this should do the trick...

pumpenable.jpg

🍻

-Eric

Octal (8). So you'd shop for a relay with an Octal base.

That would be a two pole, double throw.

Coil Pins 2 & 7

Pole 1: common = pin 1, NC = Pin 4, NO = pin 3

Pole 2: Common = pin 8, NC = Pin 5, NO = pin 6

So when there's no power to pins 2 & 7, then you can ring through pins 1 to pin 4, and from pin 8 to pin 5.

When power is applied to pins 2 & 7, then you can ring through pins 1 to pin 3, and from pin 8 to pin 6.

The socket and pins should have the same designations.