Omron Smart Slice I/O

kku

Our machine builder is assembling a new machine using Omron Smart Slice I/O. Apparently there is an instruction sheet which specifies wiring to the slices without using ferrules. Only stranded or solid wire is allowed in the U.S. (and I guess Canada as well). Why would Omron say this? This note is not in any of the regular manuals from what I can see.

IMG_1444.jpg

Probably because the connecting points terminals are not rated for the physical "stress" induced when a ferrule end is being compressed/flattened.
I have seen it every now and then posted within "delicate" components' Installation/Wiring Instructions.

The weird part is in the manual they suggest wiring with ferrules. I don't know why North America is different. The attached screen shot is from the manual.

22-11-2013 11-06-30 AM.jpg