One cycle program with limit switches

marko5000

Hi everyone,

If there is similar thread I apologise, please point me to that direction if there is, but I didn't find it.

So, I'm using Delta DVP-14SS2. What I want to do is:
1. X0-ON --> START (stays on when push button is released)
2. X1-ON --> STOP (stops everything, or turns OFF X0)
2. When X0-ON it turns ON Y3 (which is piston-forward in my application)
3. When piston reaches limit switch X5 it should turn OFF Y3 and turn on Y4 (return piston)
4. When piston reaches limit switch X6 it turns off Y4 and stops the cycle until X0 is turned ON again.

X2 and X3 are for manual operation without limit switches restrictions.

Here is what i did so far, but I can't figure out how to implement steps 3. and 4.

Any help or if you can direct me to some example from which I could learn I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance and regards from newbie in Croatia.

Marko

Program.jpg

What is M1 for..? I do not see the limit switch operation turning off Y4..? Your program can be simplified.

I recommend getting basic things (start, stop, outputs) right first and then implementing the logic(interlocks, limit switches).

Goodluck

Last edited:
Hi Alen,

Thank you for advice, now it is a little bit simpler and cycle works. I have used M1 so that Y4 cannot be enabled simply by activating that limit switch without activating whole cycle first.

But I can't simply turn on Y3 or Y4 by turning on X2 or X3. Why?
And how to make this? Because I also have to be able to move piston manually.

Program2.jpg

121tkht.jpg

Find attached. You missed out interlock for Y3 with Y4. You can bypass all the limit switches just by putting manual switch contacts in parallel.

and what is X4...?

X0-ON
X1-OFF
X2-Manual
X3-Manual
X4-??????
X5-Limit
X6-Limit

Organize your program to make your own life easier.

Last edited:
Thank you for reply Mr. Alen.

Since first post I've made some changes so Inputs and corresponding functions are not the same.

X4 is now START because I will need X0 and X1 later, and since it's only one cycle I don't need STOP.

X0 - START of cycle loop (not just run once but idefinitely until...)
X1 - STOP of cycle loop
X2 - Manual
X3 - Manual
X4 - Run cycle once
X5 - Limit
X6 - Limit

With your solution if I want to manually turn ON Y3 and Y4 I would have to have X4 - ON, and that is not what I can do. But your solution with switches in parallel is very good, I can work with that. Thank you.

And why did you add NO Y3? Goal is to have Y3 or Y4 running, not both of them, I'm newbie and sorry if I'm wrong but with that NO Y3, this Y3 would be condition so that Y4 can be ON?

Last edited: