One Shot Rising {OSR} Question

We use this type of thing for positioning all the time, normally the solenoid is fired for 100mS, which moves a piece of equipment in one direction. Another 100mS burst later on of the same solenoid brings it back.

gappvembe said:
Here is what I came up with.
Basically after the brake on is done, then it has a second to activate the solenoid and it will stay in that state on its own.
It will be alright if the timer isn't finished by the time it's ready for the brake on again (I doubt this will happen, just because that would be too quick for this specific operation), because it can still do what it is supposed to.

brakespecifics.jpg

Brake.jpg

What do you think?

I must be missing something here!!
As you have stated:
gappvembe said:
I get what you are saying, the thing is, there is no pressure. It extends one way and extracts the other. Full motion. That is it.

To be honest. The program works fine like it is, my boss just has a thing about having these neumatics on all the time, when they could be shut off and they stay in place.
So what are you gaining???
Even if the "Brake ON" solenoid isn't ON, the "Brake OFF" solenoid is ON, which means even if your brake is off you still keep the solenoid enrgized while waiting for the "Brake ON" output.
One solenoid is ON regardless of your modifications.
Turn Brake ON solenoid until conditions are met, turn Brake OFF solenoid ON for a certain amount of time and then turn it OFF. It will stay in position until the command to Turn Brake ON is active.
Both solenoids are off (none of the outputs are enrgized)while in "idle" Mode.
I think that is what your boss is trying to accomplish.