Online Tag folder in RsviewSE.

kedarkg

HI,
I have factory Talk View Edition. I am using RSVIEW SE (Network)for my HMI application. I have RSLINX Classic LITE. I set up DDE/OPC topic configuration in RSlinx and pointed it to the processor. I can not see the ONLINE TAG folder in RSVIEW. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Kedar

RsLinx Classic Lite could not support browse online tag on HMI.
Do purchase RSLinx Classic Gateway version to see online of PLC on HMI

Lite does not support OPC comms, but you would only need to upgrade to OEM for OPC support. Instead, you could use RSlinx Enterprise, and set up a shortcut to your processor. This would also give you the ability to use direct access tags. In studio you should see an object listed as RSLinx Enterprise, double click on the setup, add your driver, and then your plc path and plc type. If you are using TCP/IP and your processor is TCP/IP enable it will show up when you add the driver.(Assuming you have your network card and PLC set up on the same subnet.)

Some of my frienrds adviced me like that but I cannot link with online tag via Rslinx Ent with RsLinx classic Lite.
When activated Rslinx classic gateway, i automatically browsed to online tag.
Have you had any ideas to clarify?

RSLinx Lite will provide OPC Comms as long as it's located on the same computer as the FTView SE Server license (or Stand-alone license, Studio will work as well).

Open the tag browser, right-click on the very top item in the left hand panel, and toggle 'Show Server Names', then right click again, and hit 'Refresh all'.

RSLinx Enterprise DOES require a separate license for FTView SE. Go figure.

rdrast,

My understanding from RA is that RSLinx Enterprise 5.17 doesn't not need an activation to run.