Only execute a Studio 5000 Strategy if an input changes in value

plctek

Hello,

The way I have it setup is that my PLC executes various calculations for example :

Calculation 1,
Calculation 2,
Calculation 3,
Calculation 4, and
Calculation 5.

What I want to happen, is to continue to execute my different routines for 1,2 and 3, but I only want 4 and 5 to change if one of the input variables were to change in value if that makes sense.

The reason for this is that my PLC takes a lot of time to perform each calculation and i would like to speed it up, by only executing 4 and 5 on a needed basis. (when variables change)

Put those calculations in a separate sub routine and only call those subroutines when you want the calculation to be run.

I did do that. What I was thinking was using a NEQ command, so the routine would only execute assuming the NEQ logic remain. It works when I do it with one variable.

But if I use more than one variable it gets messy.

I did do that. What I was thinking was using a NEQ command, so the routine would only execute assuming the NEQ logic remain. It works when I do it with one variable.

But if I use more than one variable it gets messy.

ORing the NEQs is messy?