OP17 Migration

mustbemad10

Hi.
I am looking at a future project of migrating some OP17's to some newer HMIs.
I have briefly looked at this & it doesn't seem as easy as I had hoped.
Has anyone on here done this task before & could offer any pointers?

I have migrated into Flex (which converts it to a OP177B), but there are a whole series of errors that are flagged & I certain screens that are called from 'Z_xxx' screens in Protool are not converted over - or I cannot find them.

I have flicked through the manual that Siemens provide, but was asking here in case someone could offer me some better advice that the manual.

Thanks folk 🍺

Not sure about the Z screens, but I see tons of errors when I've done Siemens HMI migrations in the past. Sometimes functionality changes (removed, modified), but mostly it seems to be catching new errors (either things that weren't checked during compilation before, or things that used to be warnings are now errors).

The Z_ Screens are usually system screens built-in to the OP17, which may or may not be used by your OP17 application. (ex: Z_SYSTEM, Z_PASSWORD, Z_ALARM etc.) They most likely will be replaced by different functionality in the OP177B.

If you need a hand, let me know. I've done Protool to WinCC flexible conversions.