OPC servers

When I asked the programer that wrote the code for the PLC if I could get a symbol table, the code,... anything... he just said this is not his problem,and that I've got tu figure it out for my self.
What a loser!

Anyway, its good practice to use a separate bit from the opc to turn on your output. That way the logic is separate and identifiable from the rest of the logic in the PLC.

Gerry M said:
What a loser!

Anyway, its good practice to use a separate bit from the opc to turn on your output. That way the logic is separate and identifiable from the rest of the logic in the PLC.

Not necessarily true Gerry - he might not have been paid !! in this case , I too would say "it's not my problem" :)

Similar Topics

Hello, I am trying to connect kepServerEx v5 in parallel with RSLinx Classic lite but kepserver will not connect to the PLC if RSLinx is active...
Replies
Views
Anyone have any good alternatives to Kepserver? We've used Kepserver for the last 15+ years as the OPC server to go along with some custom...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. i am about to start a project using for the first time mitsubishi's MCWorks64. I read the documentation and it includes OPC server...
Replies
Views
Sorry about the title, it's hard to sum up my question in succinct enough form. In this system I'm designing, there will be a PC running OPC...
Replies
Views
I use RSLinx Enterprise in FactoryTalk View SE to retrieve tag value from CompactLogix PLC as follows; 1. I use RSLinx Classic to connect to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom