OPC with multiple PLCs

In the software you have open shown in post 10 - click "Help - about" or similar... or if someone can advise that he needs to open a different software as shown in list in image in post 16?

In the OP's defense, there is a siemens OPC installed in one machine in work and they aren't very obvious what should be opened to edit it (i.e. I still don't know!)

OK thats it.
3 strikes, and I am out of this thread !
Maybe someone else can help.

I wish I know as much as you do, but currently I'm at very beggining. Maybe one day I will. Sorry.

In the software you have open shown in post 10 - click "Help - about" or similar... or if someone can advise that he needs to open a different software as shown in list in image in post 16?

In the OP's defense, there is a siemens OPC installed in one machine in work and they aren't very obvious what should be opened to edit it (i.e. I still don't know!)

I searched a lot, but as you can see I'm not very good at the PLC. I will leave here what I think it is good, so please if there is still someone who is willing to help, let me know if it is good or not.

1. In TIA Portal v13 S1 Update 7 - In "Project view" under "Devices & Network" I added new PLC-2 CPU315F-2 PN/DP (6ES7 315-2FJ14-0AB0).

r-IhVzysSAeQQktmyKaZiw.png

1a. Setting of IP address of PLC-2. I've got that info from company that programs PLC-2

lO8_3DFvTYeQhawSmVGM_g.png

2. After adding new controller 1.clicked on "Connections", then 2.From drop down menu selected "S7 connetions". 3.Clicked on OPC Server, right click and selected "Add new connection".

mPV4eBBlR02FnRFr6kN2XA.png

3. As new window pop-ups, 1.select new PLC-2, 2. OPC interface PROFINET and 3.Add. Just to mention there is active link available and from PC Station where is OPC I can ping new PLC-2.

eQ_25KouRMyeDlpnznuaBQ.png

4. Connection is now shown.

E8KLRYScTJC-u_HIzf1UWQ.png

5. I 1.double clicked on PC station and then chosen 2. XDB configuration and selected path where XDB file will be created.

mBgt3px9REa-RdmWfKWJxQ.png

5a. Right click on PC station and compile all.

pJPBBXF2QB_kEbaSFq_e3Q.png

6. On PC station (OPC server) I started "Station Configurator"

hLkiJTdiQ8iUTzvN2v_04w.png

7. .xbd file is on flash drive and I plugged it in PC station. On PC station and in "Station Configurator" I choose 1."Import station" and later on "Yes". I pick file and OK.

A78jFqFVR1mc6d3hifYNYg.png

Is that it or I have to do something else? 🍻

Last edited: