Open DriveMonitor from Step 7 Manager

leem2209

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good Morning All!

I'm trying to resolve the following issue: Opening DriveMonitor from Step 7 manager for projects.

Laptop A: I see the drives listed in the Left Hand menu under the station beneath the CPU. From there it opens a list of parameter files which when double clicked takes me to DriveMonitor..... GREAT

Laptop B: Drives are not listed in the left hand menu but are in the right hand window when the station is selected. However, even from here I cannot open driveMonitor. I also cannot go PLC->DRIVE->(all greyed out)

Installed software: Step 7v5.5 SP4; Starter v4.4; DriveMonitor v5.5

And help how to get DriveMonitor linked into Step 7?

Many Thanks

Sounds like laptop B doesnt have everything installed- you need DriveES Basic
Compare installed software, like my screenshot

DriveES.jpg

Capture.png

Thanks JRW - So it seems Drive ES Basic is missing from our installation.

I'll have to go dig out the software! Is Drive ES part of the Starter package? I've just downloaded Starter v5.5 to install.

STARTER is enough. I dont think you need DRIVE ES.
Actually I think that STARTER is a pared down version of DRIVE ES.
I can go online with MM4 and G120 drives via STEP7, and I only have STARTER, no Drivemonitor or DRIVE ES.
I think that Drivemonitor cannot be started as an integrated part of STEP7. But STARTER certainly can.
I suggest reinstall STARTER.

We seem to have posted at the same time.
It seems that you have a software installation that is based on DRIVE ES rather than STARTER. In that case, ignore my previous post.

Leem

"Thanks JRW - So it seems Drive ES Basic is missing from our installation"

Thats correct

DriveES Simatic is just the function blocks for communication and conversion of DVA S7 to DriveES projects

Are your Masterdrives on the 416 DP or the FM458?

Last edited:
We are connecting to Masterdrives.

Laptop A is the configuration other engineers are used to for doing diagnostics when there is a fault, so trying to ensure Laptop B works the same way, otherwise I get a phone call in the middle of the night!

Well I actually managed to find the software discs for v5.3, v5.4 and v5.5 Drive ES! I'm amazed (one of my tasks is to organise the software library! - So much Siemens discs I cannot keep up with what is what!)

I think that with such old software versions you may run into problems with supporting the firmware versions of the drives.

Not sure if Drive ES v5.5 can be installed together with STEP7 v5.3.
You really should get everything up to v5.5.