Open DriveMonitor from Step 7 Manager

I think that with such old software versions you may run into problems with supporting the firmware versions of the drives.

Not sure if Drive ES v5.5 can be installed together with STEP7 v5.3.
You really should get everything up to v5.5.

I'm trying to get everything up to date... not an easy task when no one will pay for anything and we have 6 Siemens laptops to update! All with various changes over the years...

I'm trying to focus on having one laptop (This Laptop B) up to date with everything we need, generate a list of what is required, get quotes then update the rest.

Step 7, Drives ES, TIA Portal, WinCC, PCS7, and all the various add-on options that I don't know we have yet! The list goes on, plus all the software for other kit too.... Give me money and time to do it please 🤞🏻

PS Jesper... As for updating firmware on our drives? I don't think we've ever bothered doing that.

Tasks like this don't happen. If it works, we don't touch it, as there is always plenty of other things that need urgent fixing.

I wish I had the time to do all this stuff, but me alone cannot do it all and the breakdowns too! Am I overworked??? And undervalued too!

But if you get a replacement drive it will probably have the latest firmware version. So you may run into problems.
Though, Siemens have most of the time backwards compatibility, so maybe you will be OK. Maybe ! No guarantee ;)

You can probably downgrade the firmware in the worst case scenario. But it will be a hassle, especially if the line is down and management want it up and running.

But if you get a replacement drive it will probably have the latest firmware version. So you may run into problems.
Though, Siemens have most of the time backwards compatibility, so maybe you will be OK. Maybe ! No guarantee ;)

You can probably downgrade the firmware in the worst case scenario. But it will be a hassle, especially if the line is down and management want it up and running.

Everything is a hassle... ESPECIALLY THE MANAGEMENT! :ROFLMAO:

Capture-2.png

Running the install from the disc, where is the options for Drive ES Basic?

I installed all components and Drive ES Basic is still not on my software list?

The Drive v5.5 disc is an upgrade so if Drive ES basic wasn't installed originally then maybe it won't get upgraded.

I tried the v5.4 install but it cannot install anything as v5.5 is installed.

Time to uninstall and start from scratch I think.... YAWN...

FACE SLAP

Although the box says Drive BASIC as well as Drive GRAPHIC and Drive SIMATIC...

I just noticed the labels on the v5.4 and v5.5 boxes say DRIVE SIMATIC

The box for v5.3 shows Drive BASIC... so I'm just trying that!

Capture-1.jpg

Last edited: