Optical Ethernet link with wi-fi fallback

grnick50

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

A client wants me to make an Optical ethernet link between an S7-400 PLC and and ET200M Remote IO station.
On top of that the client wants to have a WiFi Ethernet link for fallback strategy. The chosen WiFi AP & CL is W786-2 (6GK5786-2FC00-0AA0) and an option for the optical switch is SCALANCE X308-2 (6GK5308-2FL00-2AA3) on the PLC side and SCALANCE XB004-1G (6GK5004-1GL00-1AB2) on the RIO side.

The question is whether the choice for the optical switch is valid, as the system needs to be parametrised so that the Profinet telegrams will only choose the optimal path from and to the PLC. Can this be done with an X300 Switch or do I need to use and X400 Switch. If the later is the case, can you please suggest a suitable type?

Regards