OT: Asco Valves

Taken from installation and maintenance instructions.

"This valve is designed to perform properly when mounted in any position. ...

Except when used on vacuum applications. The instructions don't say anything about that - or at least they didn't a few years back. For applications where both sides of the diaphragm are at very low pressures (such as in a foreline), it has to be mounted solenoid down. Once pressure is below about 500 milliTorr the pressure differential is no longer able to overcome diaphragm weight if the valve is mounted solenoid side up.

I learned that the hard way.... the really hard way.o_O

(I realize this isn't a vacuum app; I'm just adding it to the forum to spread the knowledge and maybe save somebody some future grief.)

Similar Topics

Hi Guys, I need some help with a machine that has an SLC 5/04 communicating with a wonderware panel over DH485. I can monitor the logic while the...
Replies
Views
We have always used Cummins Gensets over the past and recently i started looking around and have been quoted a Generac unit with an ASCO Transfer...
Replies
Views
Has anyone successfullyrics communicated to an ASCO (automatic transfer switch) Type G controller w/ Emerson quad ethernet module from anow ABC...
Replies
Views
Hello gang I have a simple one where i need to wire an asco 4-20mA transmitter but i can't try it as i won't have it and the customer wouldn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, i have made a PLC programing for a CO2 cooling system, i just cant get the valves for the gas cooler to work right. first of im using...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom