OT - Autocad Electrical (and PLC's!)

Kidblue

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, i've recently started using ACAD Electrical (2008). I've been on a 2 day introduction course, and have a fairly good grasp of most of the basic functions (enough to start a project correctly anyway!!).
However, i still have a few grey areas i need to bottom. I'm on my 3rd full project using ACADE (properly this time!) and up until now all of the PLC modules have been straight forward AB 16 way types (IB16, OB16 etc) and a couple of Flex modules. I'm now using 1746-IB32s and want to show the 1492-IFM40F wiring system as well.

Do i need to use the parametric terminal strip builder? The 1492 part no.s are in the component database, just not sure how to display them correctly within the parametrically built IB32...?

Any ideas? :confused: