OT: Happy New Year fun... what you probably didn't know about me

Good work on the film !

I also do do a bit of video and photo stuff as a hobby, mainly all family and kids...

Use Final Cut Pro and an iMac for it mostly

Well, when I'm not traveling to an exotic locale like Akron, OH, I have a beautiful daughter I love to spend time with. My hobby, and has been for quite some time, I love to bake and am quite good at it.

I have a girlfriend I absolutely adore, and will marry someday (please save warnings on marriage, my friends/family who are married have already run me through the gauntlet, I'm just stubborn I guess....probably makes me a good field service engineer?).

I also enjoy writing fiction, and hope to get a book/screenplay published one day when I get off my a$$ and finish them.

Have a great 2011 everyone!

I have two hobbies when I'm not hunting: p0ker and building p0ker tables. Shown is the table we currently play on.

5.JPG

Last edited:
I spend a fair bit of my off time woodworking - hope chests, jewelry boxes, tables, garden benches, cabinets, etc. My two sons and I just finished a tall skinny fancy book case my wife requested for Christmas - we got it built and trimmed out on Christmas eve, applied the finish over the next couple of days. I also helped my boys make a four drawer tool cabinet for their grandfather (my dad) for Christmas, I did the table saw and router work, they did the rest.

I like to bake exotic and rustic breads.

I rock climb.

In addition two teen age boys I have two girls, a beautiful daughter who is attending college and a precocious cute 8 year old, both of whom know how to keep dad wrapped around their little fingers.

Last edited:
I have always wanted to learn to ride a motorcycle. A couple of years ago my wife finally convinced me to spend the money. I took a new riders course through the local Harley dealer and then bought my first bike, a 2003 Softtail.Man why did I wait so long to do it? I love it and now spend my winter months dreaming of riding and planning places to go.Tom

I'm recently "retired" from Dresser Roots. Now I'm doing consulting and teaching. I am an occasional instructor for the University of Wisconsin Department of Engineering Professional Development and I'm going through the process of approval as an Adjunct Professor for their Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. I also spend as much time as possible spoiling the five grand kids rotten! (Grandkids are God's reward for not strangling your own teenagers!)

I have two kids, a boy and a girl, a black lab, a cat we call "Stinking cat" (I hate cats but they love mice), chickens for meat and eggs, worms to eat all of our excess food and paper, and a couple of loaner goats during the warm months for milk and brush control. We hope to add a hog or two and trout this year.

My life really isn't all that exciting but if anyone is interested, feel free to friend me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/TWControls

Happy new year all

I have more hobby than i have time to spend on them so i just do some in part time when i can....Maybe i will be able to do more when i will be retired...:)

I realy like things that make noise and turn a rotor or crankshaft especially powerfull engine in lightweight vehicule :)

I guess my only real hobby is working on a 82 Corvette I have had for many years. I just put a GM ZZ4 crate engine in it last summer. My wife and I enjoy boating during the summer.
We also have the four legged furry family members. The photo is of Bear, 97 pounds of attitude. He firmly believes the Corvette belongs to him and my only purpose in life is to drive him to the corner store on weekends for a hotdog.

P1010021.jpg

Last edited:
I have always wanted to learn to ride a motorcycle. A couple of years ago my wife finally convinced me to spend the money. I took a new riders course through the local Harley dealer and then bought my first bike, a 2003 Softtail.Man why did I wait so long to do it? I love it and now spend my winter months dreaming of riding and planning places to go.Tom

Hi Tom. If you want to bike, why don't you once take a trip to my country (Vietnam)? We almost use them daily, although most of them are not as expensive as a Harley motor :D. Besides, there are lots great views for you to enjoy with your bike. You can also check some on BBC's Top Gear: Special In Viet Nam 🤾

Happy New Year everyone! Prosperous and Good Health!🍻

I used to ride motorcycles - Rode my Suzuki GSXF750 ("Katana") in a 1000-mile/24hr rally starting in Ohio - I got my "Iron Butt" certificate from that. www.ironbutt.com - safe for work link.

Had kids 4 years ago, and that stopped =) I still have the GSXF and an old BMW R65 in my garage, waiting on repairs/restoration. Wife and I have 3 little ones, the oldest is going to start Kindergarden next fall - I'm going to take that day off and just cry =)

I am also a radio technician/QA inspector in the Ohio Air National Guard (Military reserve unit) - good times, been to Iraq once, might get to go back in the next few years. .Mil reserve units have a good bunch of guys in them.

-John

happy new year!

although many place happy new year in JAN.1,but in china the The Spring Festival is really the start of the year,I am hard work in this year,and will have a long long holiday during Spring Festival...
Any curious about china,you can ask me!!

Hope everyone health and beauty in the new year!

Spring Festival is FEB.2-FEB.9~

hes so cute

I have a about a year old sheep dog also. She's alot to keep up with. But she's so cute she makes all the bad things she does forgettable.

I don't have much spare time (Lots of ankle biters)but what I do have is used up by this fella. He's 7 monts old. Old English Sheepdog
PC200198.jpg

I write gags and sketches for professional comedians. It is a thrill to see/hear my lines used on TV.
One of my latest was used on a show in the UK called 'The Royal Variety Performance 2010' and it made Prince Charles laugh.

Mr. Goody:

Wow! You made Prince Carles laugh!! So nice masterpiece!

sheryl