OT: Happy New Year fun... what you probably didn't know about me

I don't have much spare time (Lots of ankle biters)but what I do have is used up by this fella. He's 7 monts old. Old English Sheepdog
PC200198.jpg

I'll have to jump on the dog bandwagon...

S8002102.jpg

We foster Boxer dogs, a super breed of dog, absolutely gorgeous and so full of life. They are a strong beast and just love being out and about. I love spending time outdoors with this fellow, Ben (5y.o). We fostered him and just had to keep him. We also have a Boxer ***** (13y.o) and a Great Dane ***** (6y.o).

Another interest is soccer. I follow Tottenham Hotspur.F.C. They are currently pushing up the top four of the English Premier League, the best league in the World... probably.

Entertaining my 9y.o son takes centre-stage, everything else has to fit in between him and working shifts!

Last edited:
Nothing out of the ordinary but I'm golf mad.

Glad to get out for a round yesterday after 5 weeks of being cold turkey thanks to our mad weather.

New year's resolution is to get my handicap down below 20.

I write gags and sketches for professional comedians. It is a thrill to see/hear my lines used on TV.
One of my latest was used on a show in the UK called 'The Royal Variety Performance 2010' and it made Prince Charles laugh.

Can you going to let us in on the joke?

Nothing too much out of the ordinary for me, except me and my wife try to ride this all over the peaks and dales:

ECDMOutside.jpg

Can you going to let us in on the joke?
There is the rub. Any gags I sell, I can't reveal or re-tell or resell. :) I do not own them anymore! (that is made crystal clear to me in the contract)
The fact is most top comedians buy gags from writers. One I occasionally write for buys a hundred at a time and then goes on tour with them.
Here is one I wrote that I thought had merit - but no one wanted it;
What do you get if you cross a sheep with a human being?
I don't know either because that farmer was really upset and set his dog on me.

There is the rub. Any gags I sell, I can't reveal or re-tell or resell. :) I do not own them anymore! (that is made crystal clear to me in the contract)
The fact is most top comedians buy gags from writers. One I occasionally write for buys a hundred at a time and then goes on tour with them.
Here is one I wrote that I thought had merit - but no one wanted it;
What do you get if you cross a sheep with a human being?
I don't know either because that farmer was really upset and set his dog on me.

Got a laugh out of me and my wife.

Use to be my job was everything to me until I got a little older and wiser. Now my Family is my life....love my wife and 3 sons 2 of which are in the USAF. As far as hobbies I love shooting, reloading my own ammunition, FISHING, and I also have worked as a police officer in my home town for 10+ years and hope to continue being able to do that for the next 10.

Matt

Hope the new year is prosperous for all!

On the dog bandwagon, I have a Chow Chow (named Chao) that the family adores. The highlight of the dogs day is to bark at me. He won't bark at anything else, but he loves to bark at me when I play with him.

I suppose my main hobby is computer gaming. I play several different MMO's(Massive Multiplayer Online games), the best known of which is World of Warcraft although you are unlikely to find me on it currently.

I also like to do home remodeling. We are working on finishing our basement area right now. I did a remodel of the laundry/mud room last year.

I picked up a rather interesting hobby not too long ago. I make short films for competitions. This is one that I recently did and it received second place in a Washington DC competition. We had to write, shoot, edit, and drop off the film within a 24 hour period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq_jWX6K8x4

In order to make sure the film was done within the 24 hour period, we were required to use a theme of forbidden and a measuring cup for a prop. The film also had to be less than 3 1/2 minutes without credits.