OT: Hose to Pipe Verification

cheap is using a simple 2 way connector and an arduino.
in the male connector (on the hose) one resistors to find what hose it is using only 8 different values are needed.
on the pipe 50 connectors giving 5 volts via 74595 and the other wire are all conected to each other. and going to an analog input of the arduino.
to get it connected to a PLC use relais or transistors 8 are needed.

Thanks guys. I have suggested an RFID system. I think that the customer has given up on the idea due to the ballpark pricing we gave them, but we'll see.

Don’t know if this was mentioned but do they have a verification system in place as to what went in the tank/silo? In a past life what went into the tanks and how the hoses were connected to the blending room were only verified by the humans hooking it up. Those humans were eventually terminated because of the cost of the screw ups.