OT: Question GFor Those Excel Master

I_Automation

Lifetime Supporting Member
I know some of you here have responded with examples of Excel mastery and I am a self-taught beginner, 2nd level.

I have asked around in the offices of customers and no real answer to this, and I am thinking this must exist somewhere or be a macro that can be created.

I have created a simple spreadsheet as an example for marble inventory attached. The first column is individual marbles, the second packages of 5 marbles. etc. I have a sum that multiplies the packages by the top row quantity and lets me see how many total I have.

My like is I would like in every quantity cell a + or -, or < or >, to add or subtract one to/from the value in the cell,

Online I found the suggestion to add 2 to cell A1 enter =A1+2 in A1, but that faults and shows an error in A1.

Is there an existing way, or a way to create a macro to do this?

Thanks in advance and I'll buy pizza.

EDIT: I have searched and checked inventory spreadsheets but have not found anything like this in them.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Marbles.zip
    22 bytes · Views: 3
Last edited:
chelton said:
Do you mean a spinner

Thats the issue with excel, you need to know the terminology... if you know that the rest is easy to find

Thanks chelton, I will be using that one also 🍻

After getting this in use and pondering it -

I have one question - for Bill Gates: [and sort of a rant]

What is this 'spinning'? To 'spin' it would go around. If the limits are 1 to 100 then at 100 the next UP would spin around to 1. Your staff just open a dictionary to a random page and throw darts at it to name things?