OT: Inverted Spindle for VMC vs. Regular Spindle

alive15

Good afternoon guys, hope you are doing well. In your experience, which types of VMC are more reliable and last longer from a maintenance standpoint: VMCs with inverted spindles, or regular traditional VMCs?

Currently we have few Okumas where the the Spindle comes down with the tool towards the rotating part. With an inverted spindle, a rotating part moves down towards a stationary tool. To me, the only advantage I see is that it keeps the spindle safe from chips (in my case, cast iron chips).

What real advantages / disadvantages are there between the inverted spindle and regular spindles?

Thanks!

Similar Topics

We have a stamping press with some prox sensors on the die for slug detection and we just ran into a problem where the output from one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a relay and i connected by accident a relay with the wires inverted to the PLC (DELTA). By this i mean the the wire from the PLC...
Replies
Views
Is there a function block that can be used for a inverted timer function? I need to set a filtered timer on a photocell so that when the fotocell...
Replies
Views
hi all! m doing my FYP related to PID control of Bytronics inverted pendulum.First of all m little bit confused that whether it is possible or...
Replies
Views
Hallo all. Im trying to make an inverted stop button in winCC flexible 2008. The reason for this is, i want to make sure that the machine stops...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom