OT: linear slide with position feedback

bce123

Lifetime Supporting Member
I looking for a linear slide with position feedback. the slide must be at least 3ft long and cary around 1 pound. A penumatic driven unit is in place now however I don't know the MFG. anyone out there have any ideas
Thanks,

I looking for a linear slide with position feedback. the slide must be at least 3ft long and cary around 1 pound. A penumatic driven unit is in place now however I don't know the MFG. anyone out there have any ideas
Thanks,

Are you looking to stay pneumatic or is an electric actuator an option?

I use Mitsubishi servos with Festo actuators. Very solid and reliable.

I know pricewise the pneumatic option is probably a good deal cheaper when all is said and done.

Dave

depending on your accuracey you could use a inear potentiometer
they can be fitted with the existing cylinder.
then change the Pneumatice to dual 3/2 valves and lock the cylinder
this is very rough but what do you need

but what do you need
I am not replacing or using the existing slide just looking for something close to use in a measurement app. I intend to use the slide to move a laser so as to detect the end of a pipe and than record position to get length. I will most likely need three of these so cost could be in issue as budgets must be approved.