OT - My Computer Now Speaks French...

You can do a repair install of Windows without having to reformat or reinstall all you programs. If Windows will recognize that this is something that you want repaired though I have no idea.

ChuckM - you did it! this is exact problem I am having and renaming MFC42LOC.DLL file fixed the problem!

Thanks!

At least day ended on the positive note...
It was a disaster day...

The question marks have vanished!...

Yup, that did it, Chuck!... (y)

Time to change the shirt logo, Phil:

PLC Programming Questions (and many others) ...Answered!

:site:

🍻

-Eric

P.S. I renamed my mfc42loc.dll to thanks.chuck... ;)

Last edited:
I found two utilities that will record every file Filemon and registry key Regmon of the application.

You can install this utilities .. and run this on both computers .. and then with elimination find the file or registry key causing the trouble.

Aren't you glad I did not find this earlier :ROFLMAO: ??

Contr_Conn said:
Eric,

What you described is exactly same om my laptop (Windows XP Pro SP1)for almost 2 years except it speaks German or another similar language.

I have the same problem, came after installing the WinHMI software from Indramat.

I am going to try your solution.

I think as soon as you get this file it will affect all non-English written programs.

So I may get it twice or more times with different applications.