OT Not a apps person.

Bob O

We have a sister plant without any documentation of the OLD building and need to plan some network conduit runs.

Is there an app that would work in a building to add location pins to help in the mental picture of the building/room layout or maybe another device that would do this?

Thanks

There are companies that uses drones to map out existing buildings.
We have done it once for an old factory building where we should install a new production line.

something to consider.

area classification class 1,2,3
chemicals used in the plant?
the max ethernet cable is about 300 ft.
heat where the conduit is to be run. we have had cables melt inside the rigid conduit and had to rerun the conduit.
spares !!!

James

I have used a company in Aus that used a lidar mounted on a stand. They move it around the factory and you get a 3d map of the whole plant. Very cool stuff. I think they say you can get up to about 10mm accurate.

I remember it costing a fair whack, though