OxOO9B non fata error on omron cqm1h cpu 51

sama

Hello Guys.
I am having a problem with my omron cqm1h cpu 51 and i need help from you over there.
The problem is that every time i power the plc,the err/alarm led is permanently on.When i connected online with my pc using cx programmer,there are two erros display in the error log which are Memory error and system alarm which is a non fatal error.I clear the momory error and the err/alm led starts blinking but the system alarm error is still there.I try to clear the system alarm but no joy.Please can you help?
The code is 0x009B non fatal system alarm (FAL) Error.
Thanks in advance.

Since you can get online, is there a program in the PLC?

If not, have you tried to download a valid program and memory file?

The errors may exist because there is no program in the PLC?

Hello JRB.
Thanks for your reply.What i forgot to tell you is that i can only go online through Work online.When i try to upload the program from auto online but at the end of the upload,i receive a message that Cx programmer has encounter a problem and needs to close and a message saying; please tell microsoft about this problem.(send error report. Don't send).When i choose any of the two,cx programmer closes.when i try to connect auto online again,i receive a message Fail to connect to the plc until i restart my computer befor i can connect to the plc through autoonline or workonline.

When i open a valid program with memory files and download into the plc,the download is successful but no change.The err led still remains ON.
Kind regards
Ramson

I would suggest that you power down the PLC, disconnect the battery and let it sit there for half an hour.
Meanwhile pull out the processor and any/all cards and reseat them. Your processor may have failed, your
CX software may be corrupted. You can check the details of the Microsoft send/don't send error report but
most likely the information will not be helpful. A solid (not blinking) ERR/ALM light on the processor means
a fatal error. Blinking red means non-fatal. The solid or blinking errors could be caused by a (FALS) or
(FAL) instruction programmed in the PLC to create a fatal/non-fatal error, IN WHICH CASE YOU SHOULD LOCATE
these instructions and check the input conditions preceding them for the source of the error, while online.

Reinstall the battery/cards, powerup, try downloading again.

Prior to downloading, does the PLC program compile without errors?

If the PLC powers up with no program installed WITH a solid red ERR/ALM, memory may be corrupted/bad.

Good Luck.

You should read the manuals - the error code is explained. Snip attached.

Error 9B.jpg

Hello Automation wizards.
My plc is now workink.What RJB said was right.Below are the manipulation that i carry out.

1) Remove cards sloted on the plc.

2) renove the cpu board and discover that around the processor was full of dust particles.

3) I remove the battery and the capacitor on the cpu board and finally used the electronic contact cleaner to clean the cpu board.

4) Download the program with memory files into the plc and switch the plc to run mode and it was ok
5) Download the program that was first in the plc and test ok.

Thanks very much for your support.
We stay in touch automatically.
Ramson.
The symbol of the truth is an example!!!!

Does any one know about following:
I have CQM1h CPU 51. It has 16 DC inputs onboard. LEDs of these inputs are not ON when PLC is in run and i get 24 VDC on each input. Can anyone tell me what can be reason?
Or these LEDs are just dummy and dont glow?

Does any one know about following:
I have CQM1h CPU 51. It has 16 DC inputs onboard. LEDs of these inputs are not ON when PLC is in run and i get 24 VDC on each input. Can anyone tell me what can be reason?
Or these LEDs are just dummy and dont glow?

The LEDs should illuminate if you have 24VDC applied on one of the inputs and your 24V common on the PLC common. Make sure you have your common attached and that you're applying 24VDC on the correct terminal.

i can measure 24vdc on each input. Any other symptom for this? i am killed .. as i ordered new CPU but these onboard input LEDs are not working..

i can measure 24vdc on each input. Any other symptom for this? i am killed .. as i ordered new CPU but these onboard input LEDs are not working..

Is the input COMMON (COM) terminal POSITIVE? i.e. (+24VDC)

If so, YOU WOULD EXPECT TO MEASURE +24VDC at the input, with respect to power supply Neg. (-), when the input is OFF.

IF the input COMMON (COM) terminal IS Positive, i.e.(+24VDC), jump any input to -DC, to test it, the LED should light.
(Press the E stop first)

see pg. 139

http://www.dioda.hu/pdf/cqm1h.pdf

hi,

the common is -ve, while each input is +ve. If i check at common and any input, i can see in the PC the status of relevant input is chaning from 0 to 1, but no LED for it is glowing. Are the LEDs of input dependent on any programming configuration? sounds very strange that non of LED is working..

hi,

the common is -ve, while each input is +ve. If i check at common and any input, i can see in the PC the status of relevant input is chaning from 0 to 1, but no LED for it is glowing. Are the LEDs of input dependent on any programming configuration? sounds very strange that non of LED is working..

If you can see the status changing in the PLC data area while online, without the input LEDs changing, something must be wrong with the LEDs, or PLC.

However, I wouldn't think it would be possible for you to see the value changing from 0 to 1, without the LED coming on.

This is one of those cases where you actually may want to give it a whack with a mallet, err check connections.

Since your COM terminal is -DC, if you jump +24VDC to any input and the LED doesn't come on, something must be wrong with the LEDs, or PLC.

thanks for ur reply..
we can see all inputs status in PC, except IN4 and IN5. but non of the LED is getting ON. Is it that i have to check the resistance for each LED? THe PLC is unboxed and is NEW..
Looks OMRON PLCs are **** as compared to SIEMENS or other brands...

Hello uddin.
For IN14 & IN15, the internal resistance 3.832kilo ohms that this input (14&15) is connected to is bad.You can change the resistances and the two inputs will also be display in the plc data.
To soft the problem of the leds, check if the com is well connected.(if you are using two power supplies,make sure you are using the correct com. measure between + and com to assure that you have 24vdc.) If all this is done, and no change,Open the CPU and on the internal input card you will see a fuse name L1.
Test the resistance between the terminals of the fuse and it should be zero.
I think that fuse is broken.jump it and test again.
This will help.
I Wish you the best.
Kindest regards
Ramson
see the attach picture.

i will check and will see..
But does it really happen that you dont see the LEDs for inputs while you see their 0,1 status in program?? what can be reason that brand new CPU is behaving like this..