Panel view 1400e screen brightness

palmetoman

I am new to PLC's and am trying to brighten the screen on my 1400e, I have used the little knobs at the back of the screen but the purple numbers and letters are still too dark. Is there a way to either change or brighten these characters, thanks Palmetoman
s

If you have the software you can change the colours, but if the brightness is low and your knobs are at full then the screen is failing , its a common problem with PV1400e's...

Yes, the CRT is on its way out. You can try tweaking the fly back transformer.. (Use the correct insulated tool!), but more than likely your talking about replacing the CRT. If your pretty mechanically inclined and can take the proper precautions with regard to the high voltage, the part you need is about $95.00 plus shipping, and the "heart surgery" necessary can be done in about 2 hours. The next option would be to take the PV1400E to a TV or computer monitor repair shop and have them replace the CRT. Armed with the parts cost and time involved, you should be able to know if they are giving you a reasonable cost. Good Luck..