1400e to Panel view plus 7 migration

Mikemator

Hi.

I'm doing an upgrade of an old 1400e to a new panel view plus 7 standard using ftv studio v 12,which will be communicating to a slc 5/04 via 1761-net-eni.The old hmi was using DHRIO 1747-SN for comms to the SLC 5/04.

I have figured out all of the digital tags in the hmi program and where they are in the plc,but I'm having trouble with some of the analog tags like these three:

1.DO06_12_11-12_14_Bin
2.DO06_12_06-12_10_Bin
3.DO06_12_00-12_05_Bin

They all seem to refer to DO06 but there is only one DO06 in the data file O1. I'm not sure how to replace these tags with something new because I can't tell how three HMI tags point one Data file address?

There are no BTW or BTR instructions used, however there are COPY instructions used in the plc transferring data from plc N7 file to #M0:6.100,#M0:6.200,#M0:6.300 and read data from #M1:6.100,#M1:6.200,#M1:6.300 to plc N7 file.

Thanks in advance fo any help.

Hi.

I'm doing an upgrade of an old 1400e to a new panel view plus 7 standard using ftv studio v 12,which will be communicating to a slc 5/04 via 1761-net-eni.The old hmi was using DHRIO 1747-SN for comms to the SLC 5/04.

I have figured out all of the digital tags in the hmi program and where they are in the plc,but I'm having trouble with some of the analog tags like these three:

1.DO06_12_11-12_14_Bin
2.DO06_12_06-12_10_Bin
3.DO06_12_00-12_05_Bin

They all seem to refer to DO06 but there is only one DO06 in the data file O1. I'm not sure how to replace these tags with something new because I can't tell how three HMI tags point one Data file address?

There are no BTW or BTR instructions used, however there are COPY instructions used in the plc transferring data from plc N7 file to #M0:6.100,#M0:6.200,#M0:6.300 and read data from #M1:6.100,#M1:6.200,#M1:6.300 to plc N7 file.

Thanks in advance fo any help.

can you post the hmi and plc program?

rather than the .apa, can you post the 1400e file? It should be a .pvc or .pvd file if I'm not mistaken.

It is funny to me how much PanelBuilder 1400e resembles FactoryTalk View Studio, particularly the tag database. Within PanelBuilder, verify what the data types are. The tags suggest that they are only accessing four bits of the word, leading me to believe they could be 4-Digit BCD. The third tag would be an exception in that it looks like 5 bits so would be a 5-Digit BCD data type.

I ran into this very recently converting a PanelView Classic that communicates via DeviceNet to a PanelView Plus with Ethernet. Not quite the same application, but pretty close in my opinion.

Looks like deciphering it I would guess....

output 6 is the scanner in the program so..

1 = output 6.12, Bits 11-14
2 = output 6.12, bits 06-10
3 = output 6.12, bits 00-05

they go to some kind of access code? what are these tied to in the PV? would be useful to have that 1400e program

edit: from the program , there are a bunch of MVM masked move using Hex - 003Fh and 7800h, and 7C0h to O:6.12

This would use bits 11-14 for 7800 in hex, 06-10 for 7C0h and bits 00-05 for 3F...

they're using the remote i/o to communicate with the 1400e sending bits back and forth for access codes/screen control

MVM.JPG

Last edited:
I don't have anything helpful to add, but this brings back memories of one my first projects at my last employer. I was "understudying" my predecessor prior to his retirement in a few months. That became my first time being "the one" responsible for a facility without having a supervisor over me who was more knowledgeable. The challenge was to replace an old 1400 with a PV+ (before PV+6) talking to a PLC-5. It was the first time I'd worked with either software package (previously used PanelBuilder 32 and a couple other brands). It was a pretty steep learning curve to get the PV+ working. I had to look at an example of another working program for a different machine to even get started. Frankly, my dislike of the PV+ platform started with that experience, especially after the software crashed and wouldn't repair, uninstall, reinstall, or run. That was also my first time using a virtual machine at work.

Hi Guys.

Thank you for all of the support.

arpus4KM

Thats exactly right, it is for screen control. My concern is that I'm not sure what or how to replace O:6.12 with. My first thought would be an integer N7:x, not sure that will work, do I need to use a TOD?

View attachment PVC.zip

Just delete the screen control from the program and use the built in security for the panelview.

If you want to keep it, then just forget about the mvm to set those outputs and set a tag for the goto screen tag in the pv. It shouldn't be a huge thing to change it over.

Just delete the screen control from the program and use the built in security for the panelview.

If you want to keep it, then just forget about the mvm to set those outputs and set a tag for the goto screen tag in the pv. It shouldn't be a huge thing to change it over.

Thank you very much Ian, that will be easier.:):)

Hi.

When exporting the hmi tag data base to .csv, there are two steps in choosing the correct format, does anybody know the correct delimeter etc to use is,I dont want to corrupt the db,thanks.

On a side note, did you ever look at the settings in the Panelbuilder 1400e "PLC I/O Control"?

Under - PLC Controlled Screen Number: it lists, {DO06_12_00-12_05_Bin}

and Screen number to PLC is DI06_08_00-08_05_Bin (which would be the data of what screen you are currently on, sent back to the PLC)

On a side note, did you ever look at the settings in the Panelbuilder 1400e "PLC I/O Control"?

Under - PLC Controlled Screen Number: it lists, {DO06_12_00-12_05_Bin}

and Screen number to PLC is DI06_08_00-08_05_Bin (which would be the data of what screen you are currently on, sent back to the PLC)

Thanks Ian, unfortunately I don’t have Panel Builder 32, I only have the converted .apa file to use. Is that feature supported in ftv studio?

Thanks Ian, unfortunately I don’t have Panel Builder 32, I only have the converted .apa file to use. Is that feature supported in ftv studio?

I opened it in panelbuilder 1400e

Theres a specific program for the enhanced panelviews and another for the even older original 1000/1200 panelviews.

screentoPLC.JPG
PLCcontrolledscreen.JPG
dO06.JPG

Last edited: