Panel View 550 to a micrologix 1500

Nesstar

Hello All:

I have recently been tasked to add a touch screen to a piece of equipment on the floor. Now the equipment uses a micrologix 1500. While searching for a suitable touch screen, I came across a couple DH 485 Panel View 550's. Now I know that micrologix 1500 will not connect directly to dh 485. I was just wondering if my best bet was to buy a 1761-NET-AIC or actually order a rs-232 panel view 300 micro. So I would be looking at either spending the $200 on the adapter or $800 on the screen.
Is the 1761-NET-AIC overly complicated to install and set-up or would it be pretty simple?

Thanks;

Nesstar

We have done this in the past.
see your local rep for exact details and part numbers. be prepared to give him your part numbers as well.
One thing that we always require, buy a processor with two comms ports.
#1 - plc & #2 is the panelview screen.
its a pain to unplug the pc to do something on the panelview and then reconnect the pc. thats why we require 2 ports.

regards,
james.

Can you provide the complete catalog number of your Panelview 550 ?

If its has a RS232 port that supports DH485 then it can be connected directly to your ML1500.

Last edited:
it is not rs-232 compatible... the cat number is 2711-k5a2.

Unfortunately, whoever initially built the machine decided the micro only needed one comm. port. Now instead of using the comm. port as a maintenance tool it will be used for the HMI.

If you have a 1761-NET-AIC you could connect your ML1500 to it and to the PV, also have your PC/Laptop all connected at the same time. With the proper cables of course. See PDF below