Panel view 600 allen bradley help

adrirock1141

Hello everyone, im new in Allen Bradley World, i alredy know how to use factory talk view and with manager i have alredy upload all runtime backups from hmi memory to my pc, but i dont know how to indetify witch of this runtimes is alredy running in the Hmi, i restart the hmi waiting for the initial menu to see if there is a option to enter to configuration settings for the hmi but the hmi start inmediataly with out the oportunity to see if there is a way to see this configuration, please help!!

Rockwell has made a few generations of products called PanelView. There was a PanelView 600 (dark bezel) and there was also a PanelView Plus 600 (gray bezel). The procedure for each is a little different. You mentioned FactoryTalk View which would lead me to believe you are using the PanelView Plus 600. The older PanelView (PanelView Standard) used PanelBuilder32 software.

For the older PV 600, if it is a unit with a keypad, press the left and right arrow keys to enter Configuration Mode. If it is a Touchscreen only (no keypad) then cycle power. Shortly after it powers on you will see a flashing box in the lower right hand corner of the display. Press that icon to enter Configuration Mode. It has been a very long time since I used one of these so I can't recall where you would see the name of the application it is using.

For the PanelView Plus 600 touchscreen units, it uses the same flashing box but it is in the lower left of the screen. If your PV is a keypad only (no touch) there are no keys to press to enter Configuration Mode. You instead must connect an external USB keyboard. On powerup you would have an option to press F1 to enter Configuration Mode. For the PV+ it will show you right there on the Configuration Mode screen which application it is running.

Ideally, the running application would have a button available that would exit the running application and enter Configuration Mode. There is a type of button called the Goto Config that performs this action. There is also an Exit button that would also do this. The actual text on the button would be up to the programmer though. So it might not say Exit or Config Mode.

OG