Panelbuilder Error [2158]

crawfie69

When trying to Upload from a Panelview 1000 I keep getting the following error message.
Error [2158] DTL_E_DRIVER_NAME_INVALID Specified Driver Name is Invalid.

I have tried to reinstall/repair the software and still have the problem.
Anyone have any clues and how I can overcome the problem?
Thanks for any help

Can you tell us the complete catalog number of your PV.
Also how are you trying to connect to it, cables, RSLnx settings-driver ( does RSLinx see the PV?)

Also can you post the PV's program? Zip it first.

I tried to upload a PV1000 on an ethernet network and also tried to upload from a PV550 with DH485 through a UIC and still got the same error message. RSLinx sees all the devices and I can upload/download Logix5000 and SLC500 ok. My only thought is that since I last used Panelbuilder I have installed and used Proface GP-Pro HMI software and wonder if it has caused a conflict with Panelbuilder/RSlinx.

Blow away the harmony files (after shutting down RSLinx). This never hurts in my experience.

Then restart RSLinx, and check the drivers' statuses.

Then, answer Mickeys question about the full catalog number of the devices. Hardware series and firmware numbers can sometimes come into play with Panelviews.

Also, inside Panelbuidler32, make sure the communication options has RSLinx checked.

Then see if the panelview icon appears correctly in RSLinx Who Active. You should be able to right click on it in RSLinx and view device properties. If not, then you may be missing a particular eds file.

You should be able to see it in RSWho, and it should stay there available even with Autobrowse turned off and after you refresh it manually.

If the error persists and RSLinx is fine and happy with the device, then I would uninstall and reinstall Panelbuilder32.