PanelBuilder32 and 1747-UIC with PV300 Micro

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
This morning there was a post in the Practice Area that I'm re-posting here for consideration by the Forum community, with some edits for clarity.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read about another user posting about using PanelBuilder32 and a PanelView 300 Micro having problems with setting up comms in Windows XP SP3 using the 1747-UIC driver.

I have the 1747-UIC driver running; I can't remember if I used Autoconfigure or not, just that the driver is running. I am running RSLinx Classic as an Application, not a Service.

In RSWho, the Workstation shows up but the PanelView 300 Micro doesn't.

My PanelView part number is 2711-M3A19L1, which is DH485 over RS-232. I am using an aftermarket 1747-UIC adapter.

I've read that there is an issue in Windows XP SP3 involving Serenum.sys, but I think that is related to the 1747-PIC/AIC+ adapter.

Are the 1747-UIC units a reliable method of communication, or have I mis-configured RSLinx ?

PanelBuilder32 says there's a timeout, and the Driver Diagnostics displays no replies from the PanelView.

I've had some issues with configuring the adapter; PanelBuilder has at times shown the UIC comms settings and at times has said that COM2 is already in use.

Thanks again, any help would be useful.

I would first double check the comm port the USB adapter has taken under device manager.
Also the cable needed to connect to your PV (300 Micro) is the 1761-CBL-PM02. A null-modem cable.

See PDF below for more info on the UIC