panelbuilder32 learning tag address

femnoble

i am new to panelbuilder32, i am seeing this tag address of B20/1 OR EVEN B3/350.. now my question is how do i interpret this?

In any slc500, the format is b3:9/2 or something like this.

So I am confuse now.. need help please?

The SLC and PLC5 have two methods of looking at binary file addresses.
B3/16 is the same as B3:1/0 its simple the 16th bit in the file starting at B3:0/0. B3:0/15=B3/15 etc. You can switch it if you right click in the ladder and go to Address Display options. BTW IO can do the same thing.

The only programming advantage is if you want to indirectly address more then 16 bits in a B file. For example B3/[N7:0] if N7:0=16 would point to B3:1/0.

thank you for graciously replying to my question..

You validated what's in my mind. I understood the difference of the approach.

Big help and clear explanation.