Panelmate Communicate via MBP ethernet bridge?

bcard519

Our old windows NT computer finally crapped out, but it did have a MBP (ModBus Plus) card in the computer to communicate with the PLC and the HMI Panelmate Power Pro Series units. So I was able to do my uploads and download to the HMIs.

The newer computer has a spare PCI express slot, but I can't find a MBP card that is PCI express only PCI.
Currently I am using a MBP ethernet bridge to access the PLC and do programming.

Is there a way to use the Panelmate Programming and Transfer utility software by going thru the bridge? if so how?

Is there another way I can using the panelmate software and access the MBP network without a MBP card?

Thanks

Is this a Modicon branded PanelMate or one from Eaton? On the Eaton units, serial port 1 is available for program download. You have to navigate to the transfer screen first.

I don't have any direct experience with the Modicon branded units, but I find it hard to imagine that they would disable the serial port on those models.

Indusoft has a PanelMate conversion utility that would allow you to replace the Panelmate's with a PC and access it via Ethernet.