PanelMate pro 3000 series

kevin91172

I only have to do this about 2 a year,but every time I have to do this i have trouble,which is downloading config. to panel.I export the filethen it tells me its invalid,always fumble around with it and end up finally getting it to work but can't remember how.I need to work on some new projects wih these units so I need get familiar wih the software.Anyone know of some explantion of downloading this the corresct way.Im doing what it says in the help menu.

It would help if you could say exactly where you get the error message that the file is invalid. Is it when you are trying to export it? Is it when you get into the transfer utility and are trying to download the runtime file to the PanelMate? Did you select a file with a .pps extension to download? Are you only downloading a configuration or are you trying to also download an executive and/or a communications driver?

Everything that is in the printed manuals is included in the help files. PanelMate manuals are printed in a confusing array of different publications. There is a "Configuration Editor User's Guide", a couple of communications driver manuals, a "Transfer Utility User's Guide", an "Online Operation User's Guide", and to further complicate things, a "Runtime Operation User's Guide" for the PanelMate PC. I could be confusing the PanelMate with some other brand of HMI, but I think the manuals are included on the installation CD for the PowerPro software.

Steve Bailey said:
It would help if you could say exactly where you get the error message that the file is invalid. Is it when you are trying to export it? Is it when you get into the transfer utility and are trying to download the runtime file to the PanelMate? Did you select a file with a .pps extension to download? Are you only downloading a configuration or are you trying to also download an executive and/or a communications driver?

Everything that is in the printed manuals is included in the help files. PanelMate manuals are printed in a confusing array of different publications. There is a "Configuration Editor User's Guide", a couple of communications driver manuals, a "Transfer Utility User's Guide", an "Online Operation User's Guide", and to further complicate things, a "Runtime Operation User's Guide" for the PanelMate PC. I could be confusing the PanelMate with some other brand of HMI, but I think the manuals are included on the installation CD for the PowerPro software.

No you are not confusing them steve..

The biggest thing with the panelmate is people forget to convet the file to a runtime file..