Panelview 1000 Security

stevensonjeff

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have a PV1000 (2711-T10C15) that had the backlight die. I did a simple upload of the application and downloaded it to our spare screen. Everything works as it should except for the security. There is one screen that is protected that allows access to manual control for conveyor belts. This screen also has the config access button on it. Before when you hit the manual screen the keypad would pop up, enter password (1234) and you were in. Now a full qwerty keyboard pops up and entering password (1234) access is denied. Odd deal is that if the security is enabled, if you try to access configuration on startup by touching the lower right screen corner, we now get the full qwerty keyboard and the password doesn't work. To get by, I edited the security settings and unprotected the manual screen, which also now lets us into config on startup. Firmware of original screen was 4.20, new screen is 4.46. Don't think that is relevant. Any ideas what happened here?

Did you restore the program into FTView Studio and re-create the .mer file, or just directly copy the .mer file across?

On earlier versions of firmware, when you restored the program into Studio, it would scramble the user logins into meaningless data, and you'd have to recreate them manually. This was reportedly a "security feature", but at some point RA have finally decided that it's more "pain in the a$$" than "security feature" and fixed it. I'm not sure what version it was that they fixed it, but it was definitely post v4.

[edit]: wait - I just realised that this is a PanelView Standard, not PanelView Plus, so my comment is irrelevant o_O

I think its a Panelview Standard, not a plus. There were later firmware updates in PV Standards that did affect security, but I don't have the details handy.