Panelview 5310 - Format numbers with commas

It's a PV5310.

Axis position and Cycle time are Real's. Cycle timer is that timers .acc, Dint.

This is all you get with the numeric display.

pv5310.jpg

I haven't seen anything like that, it only reads the tag value. I also convert Dint's to Real's, in most instances, so it displays properly.

I wish they let me use a Red Lion Graphite on this.

It's kinda funny, but I told a guy there that if I used a Red Lion on this, life would be easier.

So now, every time I curse, he yells out you should have used a Red Lion.

It's kinda funny, but I told a guy there that if I used a Red Lion on this, life would be easier.

So now, every time I curse, he yells out you should have used a Red Lion.

Hehe, funny! Every time our fridge messes up in another stupid way, my wife can predict that I'll just say, "Sigh...Samsung". It's become a running joke that's not very funny...

One way I have done it in the past is making the numeric display, then adding a (separate) text box with a comma where it needs to go. Then add a visibility to the comma for only being a value over 1000. You'll need to be careful with the text alignment. If I remember right, it will need to be right justification...

One way I have done it in the past is making the numeric display, then adding a (separate) text box with a comma where it needs to go. Then add a visibility to the comma for only being a value over 1000. You'll need to be careful with the text alignment. If I remember right, it will need to be right justification...

Ok, that's pretty clever. Its **** that its necessary... but that's a good enough workaround for now. Thanks.

Ok, that's pretty clever. Its **** that its necessary... but that's a good enough workaround for now. Thanks.

I was leaning toward something like this as well, but it could be ugly as you really don't get the space the between digits the comma takes up.

You could probably rip the value apart into 3 separate numeric values and poke a visible comma where necessary, but that's a bit of work.

I don't have a processor here, so can't play with it. I didn't see any other conversion instructions in Logix that could possibly do this, but there may be?.