PanelView 550 communication

It doesnt work either way. Tried Df1 Point to point, tried RS Linx Network, neither worked for me. In RS Linx now i can see 32 nodes (0-31), since the 1770 KF3 device is selected (instead of SLC-ch0/Micro..). SOmething very little thing is missing in the chain what I am not noticing, but WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT? When I click to download, after 2 seconds PB32 is giving me the message: Error (1022) - target is not an operator terminal.

Last edited:
Can you post the SLC's file ( its .rss file , zip it first)?
Can you also post a screen shot of rslinx configuration screen and RSWho screen?

Right click on all the nodes that do not apply.

I tried to attach pictures but don't know how.
On the RS Linx are 00 Untitled - 31 Untitled icons. 00 is the PC icon, the rest are the PLC icons
The RRS file has only 1 rung: one bit is turning on an output. The simplest as possible.

If you don't have a PV icon in RSLinx then RSLinx is not seeing the PanelView.

Check and double check how the SLC is setup for passthru. ( thats why I wanted the .rss file so someone here can double check with you.)

The file you posted does not have the proper SLC OS and frn selected under "Controller Properties. This allows you to configure the SLC for passthru. See pictures for what is missing. When you select OS302 Series C FRN 10

statusfilemissing.png statusfilenow.png processorstatusosfrn.PNG

Last edited:
If you change status to binary, you can see them activated.
In the meantime I changed so many things that I need to factory reset the CPU.
Wont communicate at the moment.
DO you remember on SLC503 , what are the 2 pins on the printed circuit board to be shorted out?

In the Radix is structured view. Yes, there you can't see the S:34/0 and S:34/5.
But if you change the structures radix to binary, the bits are there set as 1.
hopefully this is ok.

S:34/6 is 0. Still does not work.
Every time I change the node address and matches with the existing ones on both side, the PV550 is giving me error. Otherwise is OK. the Comm LED is good. But still can't see it on the RS linx.

Mickey. how would be the setup if I would try to download from the laptop directly to the PV550, using the 1747-pic box. i understand that on RSlinx would not show up anything, but somehow should be possible to do that...

As I stated in one of the earlier post the PIC needs power, you cannot get it from a Panelview. with out additional equipment. See post #2.

Your best bet would be a memory card at this point. Or the 1747-UIC.