PanelView 550 Download problem

Axel07

First time posting…so here goes…..

I have a problem downloading a program to a PanelView 550. RS Who recognizes the PV but I am still getting the error 2018 “Verify your cable connections, I/O operations did not complete in time”.

Any help would be appreciated.

RS 232
FRN 4.46
Rev D

What cable are you using? For the upload/download and connection to PLC serial port with DF1 PanelViews, you should be using a cable with the follwing pinout:

2 to 2

3 to 3

5 to 5

This would be a 2711-NC13, 2711-NC14 or 2706-NC13 cable.

Make sure you are not using a null-modem type cable with pins 2 and 3 swapped, like the 1746-CP3 or 1756-CP3.

O.K., that may be your problem. The K5A5 has a physical RS-232 connection, but it uses DH485 protocol. You need to use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx for upload/download, not the RS-232 DF1 driver. Stop/delete the DF1 driver in RSLinx and configure the 1747-Pic/AIC+ driver (you will have to stop RSLinx service if it is running as a service and run it as an application to configure the PIC dirver). You still use the same cable. Also, whatever controller you will be connecting the PV550 to will have to have its serial port configured for DH485.

Have you tried connecting using the PIC driver in RSLinx as well as the physical 1747-PIC (box)and corresponding 1747-C10 (ser.B) cable plugged in to the DH-485 port on the 550?

Don't forget to curse a little at AB. That usually seems to helpo_O.

Try to install the latest version RSLinx,it may help.
If possible using PCMK card to download your program,
instead of PIC.

In this case, I'd punt on the AIC+/PIC driver and just use a CompactFlash or ATA Flash card to transfer the configuration program from your PC to the PanelView terminal.

Does this error message appear at the beginning of the file transfer, in the middle or at the end ?

The only other thing I know to look at is: in the file transfer utility, do you have RSLinx Network selected in Transfer Type?
winpft.jpg