Panelview 600 (2711-B6C1) Program/comms issues

soul40k

Hey guys, I have probably gone through 3 different forums looking every type of answer anywhere close to what I have, and I just cannot find a solution for my specific issue.

I have an AB PV600 2711-B6C1, which on boot Error 24s on me. It has RS232/RIO/Touchscreen/Keypad, and I have tried < + > buttons to boot to config, even trying the PVP config CF card trick (knew it wouldnt work, but worth a try). Tried connecting through Panelbuilder/WinPFT to communicate (using straight through and a NM cable) and I just get nothing. RSLinx as DF1 and 1747-PIC / AIC+ driver setups, and still nothing.

Any thoughts for something like this. What am I missing here.

Thanks for the help in advance.

RA tech note states you have CRC base firmware check that is causing the failure.
Recommends you reflash the firmware to the latest rev.

Oh! forgot to add... I hope you have a backup of the *.mer runtime file or an archive of the panelview program.
Flashing the firmware (I think) will wipe out any programs in the panelview.

Also, here is a link on how to using a memory card.
http://theautomationblog.com/flashi...-6-firmware-using-a-memory-card-step-by-step/

Last edited:
RA tech note states you have CRC base firmware check that is causing the failure.
Recommends you reflash the firmware to the latest rev.

Thank you for the response. This is what I have been attempting to do, but with no luck in communication with the device.

Attempt with PanelBuilder:

RS-232 Connections (DF1 Protocol) with 2711-NC13 cable setup.
Setup to 19200/N/1/CRC.

Edit: saw your updated part after:
First thing I am trying to would be to backup if possible :(.

Will look through your memory card flashing, but I believe that is for PanelView Plus.

Thank you for the response. This is what I have been attempting to do, but with no luck in communication with the device.

Attempt with PanelBuilder:

RS-232 Connections (DF1 Protocol) with 2711-NC13 cable setup.
Setup to 19200/N/1/CRC.

Edit: saw your updated part after:
First thing I am trying to would be to backup if possible :(.

Will look through your memory card flashing, but I believe that is for PanelView Plus.

You right I just now notice that.. my mistake

You right I just now notice that.. my mistake

Not a problem, I have spent almost the entire day scouring the net for possible fixes, and most of them end up being PVP fixes which do not apply here sadly. I still thank you for the effort!

Sorry for the double post, but as an update, I found we had a busted up 2711-B6C8, which essentially is the same main board, with a different side option (DH+ instead of RIO). This one I can completely communicate with, pull the programming and apply a firmware through the printerport or cf card. So the issue comes down to being able to get my other unit into config mode, but I don't know that it is possible if it faulting out at Error 24. If it got past that, I have read a couple possible ways in, but as far as I can see, until I can get into the configuration menu, I cant do anything with it.

Without any other clues, I attempted another road of trying to apply a B6C1 firmware to the B6C8, but unless I am doing it wrong, it would not accept the programming, saying that it is an incompatible version. That is with the transfer tool, panelbuilder or the cf card method.

I know this is a very specific issue, just hoping someone may have had tried fooling around at this level.

Thanks again.