Panelview 600 and SLC 5/05 communication problem

Hi, I have a panelview 600 DF1 232 model trying to have it communicate with an SLC 5/05.

The PV is using a straight through cable plugged into Ch 0 on the SLC.

I have set up a passthru and routing table etc. I was able to see it in linx when i first plugged it in and was able to download. It was communicating with the SLC as i could operate and change values.

Now it cant be seen in linx at all. I have checked all of the comm settings and they are fine. Is there a way to reset the PV back to factory settings or something?

This is my first time and dont know if i have skipped steps. If i could get some help it would be great.

Hi, I have a panelview 600 DF1 232 model trying to have it communicate with an SLC 5/05.

The PV is using a straight through cable plugged into Ch 0 on the SLC.

I have set up a passthru and routing table etc. I was able to see it in linx when i first plugged it in and was able to download. It was communicating with the SLC as i could operate and change values.

Now it cant be seen in linx at all. I have checked all of the comm settings and they are fine. Is there a way to reset the PV back to factory settings or something?

This is my first time and dont know if i have skipped steps. If i could get some help it would be great.

Welcome to the Forum!

First off, can you give us the exact Model # for the PanelView 600.

Is this a Touch, Keypad, or both?

What version or RSLinx and RSLogix are you using?

What is the version and os on your SLC5/05?

I know that seems like a lot of questions, but the answers will affect how good the answers we can give you are.

Stu....

This might be a PanelView comms configuration problem, or a Passthrough problem, or a little of both.

As Stu mentioned, post the full "2711-_6C_" part number of the PanelView terminal so we can all be certain about the protocol.

Whenever you post about communication settings, post all the settings even if you're certain they are correct.

Post the details of what you've set up for the PanelView's network configuration, the SLC's port configuration, the Passthrough configuration, and the Routing Table configuration.

Is there a chance your computer's IP address has changed ? As you're aware the computer's IP address needs to be in the Routing Table in the SLC for this to work.

Make sure that S:34/0 and S:34/5 are both = 1.

Also make sure that the PanelView terminal is configured in PanelBuilder to be DF1 Node 1.

Hi Stu,

PV 600 Model No. 2711T6C16L1_ABR it’s the 24v DF1 Colour Touch

Processor is 1747-L551B/C 5/05 OS501 Series C FRN 3-9

RSLinx Classic Professional revision 2.54.00 CPR 9

Hope that is what your asking for.

Hi Stu,

PV 600 Model No. 2711T6C16L1_ABR it’s the 24v DF1 Colour Touch

Processor is 1747-L551B/C 5/05 OS501 Series C FRN 3-9

RSLinx Classic Professional revision 2.54.00 CPR 9

Hope that is what your asking for.

Excellent! You would be surprised how hard it is to get that information out of a poster. I was also remiss in not asking you what Operating System and Service Pack you are running on your PC.

Have a look at Ken's questions and requests. In my humble opinion, Ken is the Guru on here when it comes to sorting out Communications with AB, and a host of third party devices.

That appears to be a PanelView Standard 600 with DF1.

If you do have to Reset it to Factory Defaults, here are the instructions.

Procedure for a touch screen terminal:
Recycle power on the Panelview terminal. When the terminal is rebooting, numbers are displayed (e.g., 1, 24, 32). If you press and hold the lower-left touch cell and the upper-right touch cell simultaneously when "32" is reached (a white square will appear in the lower-right corner of the screen to prompt you). The unit will enter Configuration Mode and the application file will be erased from memory. The terminal is now ready to be downloaded with an application file.

Stu....

Ok,
The SLC is set up as follows.
PLC IP is 10.0.2.6 and is named WBFL01 and is communicating on an ethernet driver node 4.
My computer IP is 10.0.0.199.
The Routing table is File 11 and i have put in the IP addresses above. The Status bits in the processor S.34/0 and S.34/5 are set to 1.
In the channel configuration follows.
General tab Ch1 is Ethernet and passthru ID is 2
Ch0 is DF1 Full Duplex passthru Id is 1 & set to system
Ch0 tab Source Id is 1, DF1 Full duplex baud 19200, Parity None, 1 Stop Bit, No handshaking and CRC error Checking & embedded response enabled.

PV comm setup is DF1, node name WBFL01, node address is 1, type SLC 5/05, baud 19200, no handshaking, parity none and 1 stop bit. Node address of Pv is 2 and net working is disabled.

Hope i made sense.
Thankyou

Try changing the PanelView configuration so that the PanelView is Node 01, and the SLC-5/05 target is Node 00.

If the PanelView terminal was fresh out of the box when you first downloaded to it, it probably was set up as Node 01.

When you changed it to the usual "PanelView = Node 02, Target = Node 01" configuration you lost the ability to passthrough from the SLC.

I seldom to Ethernet -> DF1 passthrough but I think that the only node number you can pass through to is Node 01.