Panelview 600 Standard Firmware

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Panel view 600 2711-K6C5 Ser B
I went to the Rockwell site to see if I can download older version of Firmware,
http://www.rockwellautomation.com/support/firmware.html
I can't find any downloads for standard Panelviews.
Is there another area to download the Firmware for Panelview 600?

The Fault indicator on the display is lit up solid red with Flash. The Comm on the display is lit up solid green.
The Comm LED in the back and the Fault Red LED are alternately flashing.
Before I send it in for repair I was wondering if it is a Firmware issue.
I downloaded Firmware version FRN: V04.20.
Can the problem be that the Firmware is too new?
I wanted to see if I can download an older version of Firmware.
I don't think that it will help, but I want to try an older version of Firmware.

FirmwareSuccess.jpg

PanelView Standard firmware is only bundled with PanelBuilder32; it has never been available for separate download. Only the current firmware release is shipped with PanelBuilder32 or included in the download.

If you have a specific known need for an older firmware release, you have to get it specifically from Technical Support. In fourteen years I never saw a single instance where a PanelView Standard terminal had to be "back-flashed".

Did the problem occur before or after you loaded the firmware ? Are there any error codes being displayed on the terminal ?

The 2711-K6C5 is a Keypad-only terminal, and your screenshot shows you loading the "Both" Keypad/Touchscreen firmware. I don't know if there's a separate Keypad-only firmware, or if the "Both" firmware can be loaded onto Keypad-only units.

Did the problem occur before or after you loaded the firmware ? Are there any error codes being displayed on the terminal ?
Actually this is a unit purchased on Ebay, so it may have been bad.
It had older firmware on it, that was not compatible with my panelbuilder file. I tried to upgrade it, and may have messed it up?
No error codes displayed other than the Fault code on the HMI.
I can't see the unit in RSLinx either.
The 2711-K6C5 is a Keypad-only terminal, and your screenshot shows you loading the "Both" Keypad/Touchscreen firmware. I don't know if there's a separate Keypad-only firmware, or if the "Both" firmware can be loaded onto Keypad-only units.
I'll look at that in the morning, maybe I can switch the download to Keypad only?
Thanks

I was able to downloaded Firmware version FRN: V04.00. from the Panelbuilder32 CD, but it still says: Terminal PV600 Color, Both, even though I selected Keypad for User Input.
Anyhow, I still have the Fault LED indicator, I guess I've got a hardware fault.
attachment.php

Thanks

FRN4.0.jpg Fault.jpg

There are some firmware downloads at ab.com, but their links are in the Knowledgebase, those I found today are all techconnect access only.

If you have techconnect, try searching the knowledgebase for your catalog number.

But, I believe from reading one of them which has firmware version 4.41, that the firmware for the Both is for keypad only and keypad plus touch versions.

So, it looks like there is nothing wrong with the firmware you loaded, and you do indeed still have a hardware problem.

It turns out that my colleague didn't buy it on Ebay.
He purchased it used from the PLCCenter, so it has a 1 year warranty. I'll send it back for repair.
Thanks