PanelView 800 and CCW

bbishop108

As I am still getting used to programming the PV800 and using CCW, I am now trying to use another instruction that I have not used before. I am trying to use an alarm list and I just don't know how to configure the list for the alarms that I want to use.My first thought was double clicking in the message area would open up another box with places for me to put all the alarms that I want to list there. This however is not the case, and all I am seeing in the alarm list properties window are settings for all these additional columns that I don't need. So far I have not found a useful guide that details how to configure an alarm list, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Just below the TAGS on the HMI, there is an ALARMS selection. You can set your alarms here and define them as a bit o be set. The message column is where you write the alarm message IE: High Oil Pressure.
Create a ladder page and using an "equals" function you can compare the value you want the alarm to trigger so it sets the "Alarm_Event_1(3)" the banner pops up on the current screen and it requires an acknowledgment. This should get you started.

I don't think you can define a list of alarms that get displayed in the Alarm List component. It will automatically use all alarms defined in the alarms section of CCW. You can do some very basic filtering of which alarms get displayed under the component's Alarm History properties, but that's it.

Yes, you can define alarms within CCW. I believe OP was asking about how to configure which alarms are displayed when using the graphical "Alarm List" component (found in the Toolbox where you find all the usual HMI components like buttons/entry fields/shapes) on an HMI screen.