PanelView C400 2711C-T4T

JBSGreen

I am having issues with rslinx seeing my PanelView C400. I have updated firmware, configured network port and correctly set IP address of the PanelView. Currently I can ping the C400 but rslinx can't see it by showing a yellow question mark. I have searched the ab website for a EDS file for these panelviews and come up with nothing. Any ideas would be appreciated.

You don't use RSLinx to communicate with the Panelview Compact series. You're going to have to type in the IP address of your Panelview into a web browser (I recommend Firefox). There should be an option for File Transfers on the page that comes up. RSLinx is not going to see the PVc.

...ugh...that's the latest revision...:sick:...I have yet to install it (I am still at 2.59)since I like to stay at least one release back for obvious reasons...:D
One question though, why do you need to "see" the PanelView component within the RSLinx, RSWho interface?

You don't use RSLinx to communicate with the Panelview Compact series. You're going to have to type in the IP address of your Panelview into a web browser (I recommend Firefox). There should be an option for File Transfers on the page that comes up. RSLinx is not going to see the PVc.

Thanks, I can see it through web browser. Thought maybe linx should be able to see it to but guess not.

Thanks, I can see it through web browser. Thought maybe linx should be able to see it to but guess not.

Yeah, The PVc and Micro 800s are completely different than everything else A-B makes. It's almost better to just assume you're working with a different brand entirely. One thing that frustrates me about Rockwell/A-B is the utter lack of continuity across the product lines.