PanelView Component

Most of the times I see this error its due to the multi-language settings. If you have more than one language available they all must have error message text. If you only require english check the "manage language list" dialog in the settings to verify you only have English available.

Hello, I am working on a PV C600. When I validate the project, if there is no alarm, there are no errors. On the other hand, if alarms were created, I get errors when validating. Approximately 7 errors per alarms. Each of them telling "One or more alarms were programmed without a Message". But all of the alarms have Messages. I tried programming the alarms properties in different ways but none could make the validation without errors.

Thank you for all the answers

P-O

Tag Update Rate

Well I have been using the Compnent Panelview software for a while now, the program transfer (import) from the Design Station Dashboard screen is a little cumbersome, but it does work well once you figure it out. The software is quite similar to the Studio (view) software used for the + line of PanelViews. The CCW program opens the design Station software when you select HMI for programming, but apparently it is not the same Design Station program base as my previously installed Design Station software. I am having some issues with the external tag database. I read in a post that you need to make sure you have your tags built before you try to use them. This seems to be because you cannot build a tag as you program. What I found is that the tag database needs to be entered into the program, saved, and then exit the program and reload it to be able to use the newly created tags. Anyone know a better way to do this? I am also having some issues with the program not reading some external read tags. My system is a Micrologix 1100 with 3 I/O modules connected,2 of them being used and one for future use and I am having an issue reading two of the inputs. I have three panelview screens with similar tags, they reference 3 similar but separate machines. They all have an indicator that is tagged to read an external input to tell the operator when a valve used for CIP is open or closed. The first screen reads the tag correctly and displays the valve condition, the other two machines do not. The only difference I can find is that the two tags that are not being read are inputs from one of the connected I/O modules. The tag that does read correctly is located in the I/O of the Micrologix itself. Anyone having similar issues with not reading external tags? It is probably a simple issue that I am not picking up on, but I just cannot seem to find the issue. I do like the report generator selection in the Design Station software. It is quite extensive if you need it to be and does print out an excellent list of the tag database. Does a nice job of generating data for documentation of the job. It is very similar to the reporting available in RSLogix 500 and best of all it is free.

I'm having a similar problem. I'm using a PV Component 600 with a Micrologix 1100 via serial connection for a level indication and a few digital indications. All of the tags are set up with the default update rate of 500ms under Advanced in the tags section. The issue I'm getting is that the HMI isn't always updating to reflect the real time values in the PLC. Any suggestions on this would be a great help.

What I had to do was due to an anomally with this system, it did not read the I/O correctly. Any I/O that was in an add on module had to be referenced in another way so that the panelview did not have to physically read the added on I/O. So any tags the I had that were referenced by the added on I/O had to be referenced differently. Withing the program they were working correctly but the PanelView simply did not see them, any tags referenced to the processors built in I/O were working correctly. It took me hours of searching before I finally found an explanation. I am not sure if AB has fixed this anomally or not but it sure was frustrating. I was not doing anything but using the tag to change a screen image. Hope this explanation makes sense and helps.

I'm having a similar problem. I'm using a PV Component 600 with a Micrologix 1100 via serial connection for a level indication and a few digital indications. All of the tags are set up with the default update rate of 500ms under Advanced in the tags section. The issue I'm getting is that the HMI isn't always updating to reflect the real time values in the PLC. Any suggestions on this would be a great help.

Sounds like you are having a completely different problem. The original poster couldn't read the tags of any add-on I/O modules. If you are in fact reading the tags correctly just not fast enough, I would bump the update rate up. I found that 500ms took a lot longer than 500ms to update on the screen. I use 100ms minimum for anything important.