PV1000 connected to SLC/4 via DH+
System has been working for years.
This SLC/4 talks with other SLC/4’ s
via Ch0 (DH485, 19.2k) connected to a
DH to EtherNet protocol converter.
Info passed via EtherNet to 4 other
processors physically located in different
locations.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

PanelView Standard terminal error code 308 is in the User Manual:

308 Timeout Reminder / File Transfer Status.

The terminal was waiting for the partner device in a file transfer, but the terminal timed out before the data or expected reply was received.

Did the error code appear while you were downloading a new *.PVA application file to the terminal ?

DH-485 to Ethernet is an unusual network structure, but it should not affect the ability to download to a PanelView connected to the DH+ network using a DH+ interface or the onboard RS-232 serial port.

If you're somehow trying to go [DH485 -> passthrough -> DH+], or even [Ethernet -> DH485 -> passthrough -> DH+], post the details. Passthrough download capability for the PanelView Standard was very limited, and I wouldn't spend much time trying to do it when RS-232 and CF cards are available methods.