Panelview Plus 1000 and SLC 5/03

getsmart

Hi,

What configuration needs to be done in RSLINX ENTERPRISE RUNTIME in order that panelview plus 1000 to talk with SLC 5/03 ? I tried to copy the LOCAL one (which is seeing the slc) also configured again the DF1, but did not work ???

If you have copied the design to the runtime you will need to recreate the MER file and download that to the panelview.

There is a tick box when creating the MER file that says replace communications or something like that. Make sure that box is ticked along with run project at startup.

Cheers

Mark

As I mentioned in your other similar thread, the COM port number is described in the RSLinx Enterprise configuration for the DF1 Full Duplex driver.

If your USB/RS232 converter is set up to be COM3 on your development computer and you copy the Local schema to the Target schema, the COM3 port number will be copied as well.

On the PanelView Plus, the serial port is always COM1. If it gets a communications configuration telling it to use COM3, it can't run that driver.

So if you copy the Local schema to the Target schema, go into the driver configuration and change the COM port to COM1 on the Target side.

The advice to be sure you replace the existing communications configuration is also good advice.