Panelview Plus 7 Active Directory Security

robw53

Good Morning,

I'm after some help with setting up a PV+ to use the AD to authenticate against. I believe I'm close, but I'm stumbling at the last hurdle.

I have been carrying out some testing with a PV+ 7, that I have connected to our Domain Controller on the same subnet. I'm able to setup the HMI to authenticate against the AD, but if I relocate this HMI onto another subnet, I completely loose the function.

It behaves as if the HMI has no gateway address, but it does and I can download to the HMI from an EWS in the DMZ, on a different subnet to the HMI, but on the same subnet as the DC. I have it setup in the HMI to use "Windows and LDAP only authentication" and using port 389 which was the default.

I have setup an engineering laptop as part of the same domain and new users are able to plug into the factory floor and connect for the first time using their individual credentials. This sort of confirms that the setup is correct and the DC can be reached across different subnets.

Any help as to what else this could be, would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

Have you tried doing a pure LDAP test w/ a laptop on the same subnet you are putting the Panelview on?

Windows systems joined to AD don't behave the same way as a pure LDAP query.
I would grab an LDAP test tool and do some testing on both the 'working' subnet and the 'non-working' subnet.

Also, I wouldn't use LDAP on 389, I would use LDAPS on 636 where possible.

Couple other things to check - Make sure DNS is setup and working. Use wireshark to trace what the actual query is doing, see if its failing to connect or coming back with a strange response.