PanelView Plus 7 Auto Restart / Reboot

celichi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All,

Is there a way to schedule the ME PanelView Plus 7 (Performance) to reboot from software during RunTime?

I do not want to use a Relay Timer.

I am looking for a software solution.

I remember maybe a Macro Batch combo, or perhaps it was an Active X?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Paul

Last edited:
Hello All,

Is there a way to schedule the ME PanelView Plus 7 (Performance) to reboot from software during RunTime?

I do not want to use a Relay Timer.

I remember maybe a Macro Batch combo, or perhaps it was an Active X?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Paul

I am assuming that the HMI is attached to a PLC ? Why not use a PLC output to drive a relay that cuts off the power to the HMI as and when you want to "re-boot" it ..... but

Why would you want to do that?

Seconded

Because PanelView Plus 7 is running on a Windows OS.

I have had some issues in the past and present, and one of the response I received from Rockwell Tech Support was that we should be restarting the PV weekly as part of normal maintenance SOP driven.

How often do you reboot your PC?

I am assuming that the HMI is attached to a PLC ? Why not use a PLC output to drive a relay that cuts off the power to the HMI as and when you want to "re-boot" it ..... but

Seconded

Thanks for the reply, cutting power tot he HMI can cause the temp folder to fill up with TMP files. This is also a hard boot, which I would like to avoid as this can cause more problems than it solves.

I am looking for a software solution.

I've use a relay driven by a PLC and ran the HMI power through the normally closed contacts. On a cold start the HMI will power-up normally until the PLC/operator wants to cycle its power by energizing the relay.

I've use a relay driven by a PLC and ran the HMI power through the normally closed contacts. On a cold start the HMI will power-up normally until the PLC/operator wants to cycle its power by energizing the relay.

Thank you very much for the input.

I would like to avoid a power cycle / hard boot.

I have had this before, and Rockwell told me that this can cause the temp folder to fill up with tmp files to the point where the HMI will no longer operate.

I really do appreciate your input.

Have a great day Jstolaruk!